Old versionsSee all
InstruCalc calculates the sizes of control valves, flow elements, and relief devices; produces data sheets for calculated items; and prepares instrument summaries and uses data sheets as a database for generating reports.
The Control valve and Flow element modules now will calculate, display and print graphs of your calculations .
InstruCalc allows YOU to select any set of engineering units, including your own customized set. Units can be mixed, matched and changed in the middle of a calculation.
InstruCalc consists of more the 74 routines divided into five main sections:
InstruCalc calculates process data at flow conditions for 54 fluids in either mixtures or single components and 66 gases in either mixtures or single components. Files can be updated with additional users' fluids and gases.
InstruCalc calculates the orifice size, flowrate or differential range, which enables the user to select the flowrate with optimum accuracy. It provides the recommended size and corrects the orifice size accordingly. Process data can be converted individually or jointly with a simple "click of the mouse."
- Graphs for Control Valves and Flow Elements calculations have been added. The programs will calculate, display and print graphs of the calculations. Graphs available for Control Valves are: valve Cv and flow; valve pressure drop and flow; linear trim; and, equal percent trim. Flow Element graphs include: flow and differential.
- Added more Restriction devices � ISO Venture, ASME Long Radius Nozzle and concentric orifice plate (thick and thin) for gas and liquid services using Miller's Handbook, 3rd edition, 1996.
- Added material yield strengths file. This was added to calculated Orifice Plate thickness automatically. The thickness is calculated for each orifice based on the pressure and temperature of the selected plate material. Also based on Miller's Handbook, 3rd edition, 1996.
- ISO orifice plate calculations have been updated to ISO 5167, 2003.
- Added to the Relief Valve programs, sudden entrance and exit to the calculations.